Q’s SF Survival Kit
I’m sure none of you want to be that tourist! You know, the one huddled against the unexpected fog and gusts of wind? Wasn’t the sun just shining and an iced coffee was being contemplated? Well I’ve put together a list of things you’ll want to take with you to start and enjoy your day!
- LAYER! LAYER! LAYER! Bring a jacket or sweater – even a scarf will help. Something you can easily wrap around your waist or throw in your purse. Do this even in the warmest of weather as SF is a micro climate that changes from district to district.
- Always carry at least $4 in singles and $1.50 in quarters for the SF Muni buses and the street car. They are both $2.75 and take exact change. Both will give you a transfer that will last a couple of hours for free rides on either.
- SF Muni Trip planner is great! Plug in your starting address and ending address, the time you want to arrive at your destination or depart from your departure spot. It will also let you choose the day. Click On This Link : 511.org
- Once landing at your hotel find out where your closest bank is or if you’re foreign try and find a bank that is partnered with yours. ATM’s in bars, clubs, restaurants and hotels charge up to a $3 service fee. You can easily do this from home too.
- Items I never leave home without (ladies will get this)
-travel size aspirin
-a handful of cough drops
-mini hand sanitizer
-small hand lotion
-2 travel size bags of nuts
-small water (most places will refill for you)